How to Hire a Trusted Plumber
At some point, everyone needs to call a plumbing company for maintenance, repairs and/or replacements.
Before getting any work done by a plumbing company – or any contractor for that matter – your Sacramento plumbing experts at Beutler Air Conditioning & Plumbing encourage you to follow these 10 simple steps to ensure you’re hiring a trusted and qualified plumber.
- Avoid plumbing companies offering door-to-door repair services. Instead, seek out companies with longevity; they’re still in business for a reason.
- Before you accept any work, check references and seek referrals from your neighbors.
- Ask for the plumber’s license number and verify that number on the California State license board website ( www.cslb.ca.gov) to make sure it’s both valid and current.
- Ask about worker’s compensation and business liability insurance. Every company should carry full coverage for its employees.
- To guarantee you are receiving the best service, take the time to research companies and ask for estimates on your plumbing repair or maintenance before accepting an offer.
- Be sure you fully understand any estimates you receive. Don’t be afraid to ask questions.
- Get everything in writing, from the cost estimate to the project timeline.
- Before the plumber begins work, make sure he or she obtains any necessary permits for the plumbing repair or installation.
- Ask the plumber about service guarantees. The plumber should always guarantee their work.
- Ask if special military or senior discounts apply.
There are a lot of great companies out there performing quality plumbing repair and maintenance services for Sacramento homeowners. Take a few extra steps to make sure you find a trusted plumber. To learn more about Beutler Air Conditioning & Plumbing, please call 916-646-2222.