Drought Conditions in Sacramento
It’s no secret that California is currently facing one of the most severe droughts on record. You hear about it everywhere, in the news and around town, and it’s affecting us all. With the current hot summer weather, water usage is frequent this time of year, with pool parties and excessive lawn and landscaping watering coming to mind. We encourage you to cut back on water usage this summer, whenever and wherever possible.
We’re asking Sacramento citizens to be conscious of their water usage, and together we can make an impact on our environment and community.
In honor of the first day of summer, June 21, we’re sharing some quick and easy water-saving ideas, which can help save you water and money during these warmer months:
- Check for leaks. A small drip from a worn faucet washer can waste up to 20 gallons of water per day1! If you think you have a leak, give Beutler a call to check it out right away.
- Turn off the tap. Encourage the family to turn the water off while brushing teeth, shaving or washing dishes.
- Take shorter showers. Aim to keep your showers fewer than five minutes long. Not only does this save water, but as an added benefit, shorter showers may help keep your skin more hydrated and smooth 2.
- Consider planting drought-tolerant plants. Many native California plants are drought-tolerant 2 and don’t require as much water as some exotic or non-native plants. Try the California Redbud or Blue-eyed Grass for a colorful and water-conserving garden.
- Wait on the laundry and dishwashing. We recommend waiting until you have a full load of clothes and dishes before running the machines. If you want to go the extra mile, look for laundry machines that have an “economy mode,” which can save both water and electricity.
If you would like to speak to a Beutler Air Conditioning & Plumbing representative about how to save water in your home, call 916-646-2222.